Wednesday 15 July 2015

Kingdom Progress 3


Lately I've been busy working on the next build for Kingdom and thought I would share a bit of it's progress. Most of my time has been in designing the map for Kingdom. I found this really great tutorial for creating parchment (link), which most of the design is from with a few extra details added in. The island will be split into multiple territories later in the games development but for now it's just the continent itself. I wouldn't call the map complete yet as I need to finish of the roads and adding some more environments like a lake or swamp.
  This map is a lower resolution of the original

Another thing I would like to share is the new HUD that will be coming out in the next build. Not much has changed functionality wise but the entire UI has been given a visual upgrade. I replaced the old buttons with larger ones that show what the units and machines look like. The standard buttons have also been replaced with a much nicer button, like the attack button. I'm still working on the influence bar at the top but what has been changed is it's now displayed in the new UI system instead of through script.


I'm still currently working on the defend mode, with most of the scripts finished I just need to work on the environment. Another mode I would like to add is the free battle mode. In this level the player will be able to place down troops for both armies and simulate the battles. I've been using this level mostly for testing purposes but thought I could include it in the build for players to try as well. The level cap for this mode is whatever the user sets it as, meaning you can simulate larger scale battles if your computer can handle it.

And finally, Kingdom will feature music from Endiii. His soundcloud profile can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/aqbass98
So far there are two great tracks which will be included in the next build.
Hungryum Games Developer

Hungryum Games is an Australian indie video game developer based in Perth, Western Australia. Founded in 2009, Hungryum Games has been releasing a variety of online games and is currently developing for the mobile market.

No comments:

Post a Comment