Wednesday 6 July 2016

Minor Setback


The hard drive I use to develop Outside the Box decided to crap out today, corrupting a bunch of scenes, scripts and assets. I only lost about a weeks worth of progress, it's a good thing I keep regular back ups. This wasn't the first time either, I've had previous problems loading metadata and the hard drive likes to disconnect frequently. Probably should have saw that as a sign it needs replacing.

Managed to recreate most of the progress I made today within a 6 hour long development session. Another benefit of working at Toast Space in an office like environment is that it really helps prevent distractions getting in the way.

All that's left now is to try and remember any bugs that I squashed during the past week that need fixing and to make more frequent backups.
Also need to buy a new hard drive...
Hungryum Games Developer

Hungryum Games is an Australian indie video game developer based in Perth, Western Australia. Founded in 2009, Hungryum Games has been releasing a variety of online games and is currently developing for the mobile market.

No comments:

Post a Comment